ビー・エム・ダブリュー株式会社 / BMW Japan Corp.
(IT) Senior Specialist, Data Analyst, Development and Operation, Group IT
Our team oversees all IT related projects and operation for BMW Japan. Our broad responsibilities cover:
- Maintenance and Operation of existing systems
- Rollout of new local applications
- Support localization of our headquarter applications.
- Responsible of IT Governance (Security, Compliance, Audit, Technical Upgrade…)
BMW is targeting to be a Data Driven company with at the heart of this strategy Data Lake, a seamlessly data consumption management tool with a built-in Identity and Access Management to facilitate use cases across their whole lifecycle, including providing access to others and curating documentation.
Built upon AWS, the Data Lake offers an intuitive portal, APIs and data spaces.
A Data Analyst performs data analysis using basic Data & Analytics tools and methods – like data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik Sense) or storytelling methods. A Data Analyst could be a Use Case Owner building his own data driven Use Case or a Data Analyst supporting Use Case Owner in building Data & Analytics Use Cases.
The Data Analyst will:
• Identify new business requirements
• Design new reports for business consumers
• Enabler of analytics in the organization
• Identify errors in data
• Create new / enrich data models
• Upload adjustments to fix data quality issues
• Define steering mechanisms and processes.
• Execute on steering processes towards Business Units.
• Explicitly base judgements on data and analysis where available and interpret results for Business Units.
• Actively look for efficiency and effectiveness potential in steering processes.
• Define requirements for reporting and analytics use cases towards other digitization roles.
• Liaise with Business Analysts to understand business challenges.
• Develop use case ideas to address business challenges.
• Liaise with other digitization roles to build and implement use cases.
• Communicate and leverage use cases in respective area of business.
• Evangelize usage of Data & Analytics to reach business goals.
• Document and communicate steering mechanisms and processes.
• Make use of reporting and analytics landscape in the steering process.
• Identify improvement potential in data, processes and tools.
• Actively pursue improvement potential with other digitization roles.
• Support Business Units roles in interpreting and acting on use case requirements.
• Research, interpret and visualize raw data using descriptive and predictive analysis in standard BI tools to make it useful and accessible to Business Analyst and Business Unit.
• Translate business challenges into actionable tasks for Data Scientists and Data Stewards.
• Communicate Use Case results and applicability to Business Analyst.
• Support Business Analyst in Use Case implementation (docs , training, …).
• Continuously improve and maintain running Use Cases.
• Bachelor's degree or further with an IT specialization.
• Project management qualifications.
• Advanced statistical and math skills.
• 10+ years in corporate IT position.
- 5+ years in IT Design, Build.
- 3+ years in Automotive company/ wholesale/ retail company.
Preferred technical skills:
- Technologies: profound knowledge of BI toolset (Excel Power BI, Qlik Sense, Tableau, optionally Python and SQL).
- Process: Cloud Security, ITIL, PMBOK, Scrum, Kanban
- High Business English communication skill - to be able to challenge Vendors or Regional/Central teams to convey Japan point of view.
- High Business Japanese communication skill – to be able to communicate with our internal users and dealers.
- Advanced skill for communication, documentation, analytics, problem solving, and vender management
東京本社(汐留) /Tokyo HQ (Shiodome)